Church Closed – COVID-19 Precaution
Dear Otterbein Family,
In my last letter I said that as new information and guidance is provided daily, we will keep you informed of any changes to our worship.
Since then several events have occurred:
- Our bishop, Bishop Park, wrote a letter recommending that churches find ways to worship other than in person and urging churches to suspend all non-essential ministries
- Governor Wolf has urged businesses to close
- A growing number of local churches have closed
- There have been unconfirmed (as yet) cases in neighboring counties
- Further input from members in our congregation
Upon consideration of these I have decided that it is best that we suspend our worship services for tomorrow and for, at least, the rest of March.
With consideration of what our Bishop said, we are also suspending all meetings and non-essential ministries. This includes Adventure Club, Faith Works, Scouts, 4-H, Youth Group and AA.
As we get closer to April, the leadership team will re-evaluate where we are and if we can and should resume worship and our ministries.
Please know that this decision was made with a lot of input, thought and tears. In the end, though, I believe it is the right decision.
Going forward we will be looking into alternative means of worshipping so that we can remain in touch with each other.
I encourage all of you to be in prayer about all of those impacted by the Coronavirus. This includes not only those who come down with it, but also the medical personnel who sacrifice to help others. Please also keep in prayer those whose livelihoods are affected by the closing of the businesses.
Lastly, remember that even during crises, God is, was and always will be with us.
Shalom & God Bless,