For those with concerns regarding how the ongoing Coronavirus emergency will impact Otterbein UMC, please read the following letter from Pastor Chris:
Dear Otterbein Family,
Otterbein United Methodist Church is here to not only nurture the spirit, but to also care for the body. In that light, I want you to know that we are following closely the COVID 19 situation and recommendations from our local health care experts and authorities here in our community to keep our congregation safe.
With the increasing spread of the virus, we fully expect at some point not being able to gather together. Until that time, we plan to continue to worship together on Sunday and to have our Sunday School classes. To help mitigate our risks, the following is a list of means that we will be using to help keep our church family as safe as possible during worship:
- For the time being, do not shake hands or hug.
- We will not partake in communion.
- A door in the sanctuary will remain propped open during service for you to enter and leave.
- Offering will be collected in plates at sanctuary doors, not by passing the plate.
- Bathroom doors will be propped open.
- If you are feeling ill, we ask you remain at home.
- If you have a weakened immune system, we understand you cannot join us for your safety. We will continue to pray for you.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following personal steps to mitigate your own risk to the virus:
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly
- Cough/sneeze into the crook of your arm
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands aren’t clean.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch.
- Stay home from work, school and public areas if you’re sick.
As new information and guidance is provided daily, we will keep you informed of any changes to our worship by posting it on our website, Facebook page and distributing it via email. Please check these sites Sunday before the service for further updates.
Shalom & God Bless,